Undertaking driving lessons with Coronavirus (COVID19) still active in the community represents a risk to learner and instructor alike and by participating in a driving lesson with Lara Driving School, you and your parent/guardian understand and accept these risks and agree to abide by the following.
- Just before the lesson, please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser.
- Before entering the car, the body temperature of all students will be taken using a contactless infrared thermometer. Any student with a body temperature¹ reading 37.5°C or above will not be allowed to continue with the lesson.
- Wearing of an appropriate face mask (if you don’t have one a disposable mask will be supplied)
- Download and activate the COVIDsafe app to your mobile.
- Practice hand hygiene as per the DHHS guidelines after the lesson by using the hand sanitiser in the car.
- If you are unwell or have flu like symptoms of a temperature/fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat; please contact me so as we can postpone your lesson for 14 days. There will be no rescheduling fee as long as it is before I arrive and in the mean time if your symptoms persist see your doctor.
- If you or anyone in your household has travelled to a known community hot spot or asked to self isolate for 14 days or has symptoms; don’t book a lesson.
While doing these things will help reduce the potential transmission of viruses like COVID-19, the only 100% guarantee of keeping well is to stay home, so having a driving lesson represents some element of risk while COVID-19 is active in the community.
Remember, driving lessons are not compulsory and if you don’t feel comfortable having one at this time, then don’t.
¹Normal human body temperature is between 36-37°C. 37.5°C is considered to be a fever.
As provider of the driving lesson I am doing the following
- I will be wearing a face mask during the lesson.
- At the end of every lesson I am wiping down all the common touch points inside and outside the car with a hospital grade disinfectant² that kills a broad range of bacteria including Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). This includes items such as the door handles, steering wheel, seat belt, seat adjusters, indicator & wiper controls, review mirrors, hand brake, gear selector, dash board etc.
- Ventilation is always set to fresh air (no recirculated air in the cabin)
- At the end of each day, the interior and exterior of the car is deep cleaned and wiped over with detergent and rinsed.
- I use hand sanitiser frequently and wash my hands throughout the day with soap and water.
In addition to the above routine
- I have recently had a FLU shot and
- Downloaded and activated the COVIDsafe app to my mobile and
- I have successfully completed –
- Department of Health’s e-learning course ‘Infection Control Training – COVID-19’.
- VET Skill Set HLTSS00067 – HLTINFCOV001 Infection control (Transport and Logistics) – 2020
²Data sheets available on request